Looking for an easy meal to feed the whole family? Are you also sometimes stumped on what to make for lent or meat-free weekdays? This super easy Vegan Slow Cooker Lentil and Pasta Soup will be a family favourite in no time! Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this dish, it’s very much the tastiest soup you could make and in practically no effort.
VEGAN SLOW COOKER LENTIL AND PASTA SOUP
This dish is super easy to prep and make. All the ingredients will most likely be in your pantry or in your fridge! Do you store brown onions in your fridge? I do, and mostly because the kitchen gets so much sun that it literally kills all my potatoes and onions which used to live out in a basket.
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10
Yield: Feeds 4 Ingredients:
2 large brown onions finely diced
2 tbls olive oil
1 cup lentils
Salt to taste
- In your slow cooker, use the saute option and saute the onions till they are brown (light brown)
- This is an important step since the flavour from the caramelised onions is what you need in this recipe.
- Be sure to soak your lentils for at least an hour before cooking. Place them into the slow cooker along with 2 cups of water.
- Close the lid and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Place the pasta into the slow cooker after checking the lentils, then cover and cook for another half hour or until pasta is cooked.
- Season with salt to taste.